Re: Ubuntu can't find lilypond executable

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Ubuntu can't find lilypond executable
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:40:07 +0100

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:30:42AM +0100, Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:
> I tried to install LilyPond 2.12 on an Ubuntu machine. I found a very
> strange thing I couldn't explain, and couldn't solve.
> I used the script to install:
>
> sudo /sh lilypond-X.Y.Z.linux-x86.sh
>
> /Then I try to run lilypond:
> lilypond test.ly
>
> and I get:
>
> exec: 4: /usr/local//lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: not found
>
> But the file is actually there:

Strange location for an executable ?? I think something has gone wrong
somewhere.

did you try
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin
before running lilypond test.ly ?

/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin is problably not in the PATH environment variable.

I don't know the install script, but normal places to intall an executable like
lilypond are /usr/bin/ or
/usr/local/bin ??

--

Martin Tarenskeen