Re: Ubuntu can't find lilypond executable

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Ubuntu can't find lilypond executable
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:05:16 +0100

2009/1/19 Graham Breed <address@hidden>:
> Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:
>
>> No, it's not me. The lilypond-book script contains this as the first line:
>>
>> #!/home/lilydev/vc/gub/target/tools/root/usr/bin/python
>
> That's weird.  I see this in ~/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond-book as well.  But
> lilypond-book works for me.  The binary is ~/bin/lilypond-book and that
> overrides the Python version.

I have
#!/bin/sh
export
PYTHONPATH="/usr/local/lilypond/usr/lib/lilypond/current/python/:/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/python/:$PYTHONPATH"

as the first two lines of /usr/local/bin/lilypond-book.

If you are trying to install and use a system-wide lilypond as root,
you should not have a working lilypond binary in ~/bin and in the PATH
at the same time.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org