Re: Chord Naming

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Chord Naming
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:17:02 -0700

On 1/25/09 6:08 AM, "Tao Cumplido" <address@hidden> wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:10:15 -0700
>> Von: "Carl D. Sorensen" <address@hidden>
>

>> The same is true under my proposal.  Exceptions (I don't really like the
>> term; I'd prefer to just call them chord names) are stored as different
>> characters, and one only had to learn to display them once.  And if one has
>> additional chord names that are not
>
> Uhm, I just picked the term because I read it somewhere in the docs, I don't
> like it either. Variations would be more appropriate I think.

The list is called chordNameExceptions because the elements are exceptions
to the way of normally calculating chord names.  So you used the proper term
from the documentation.

I'll get back to you later about the music function; I don't have time right
now.  I had a quick answer prepared, then found it was wrong.

Carl