Re: Scheme music function attempt

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Scheme music function attempt
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:11:47 -0500

On Monday 26 January 2009, Tao Cumplido wrote:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 06:09:08 -0700
> > Von: "Carl D. Sorensen" <address@hidden>
>

> > You may want to use a different name from cs.  cs is C sharp in
english,
> > so
> > this code would run into the same problem as you had before with c
if
> > somebody wants to use english note names.
>
> I see. Thanks for pointing it out.
> It's not so easy to find short names for functions. :)
>
> Well, I got now as far that the function returns from a given pitch
the notename and the alteration as string but my main goal, to make it
transposable, doesn't seem to work as it is.
> The standard music inside of the tranpose-block is tranposed but the
pitch used for my function isn't.

> Now, is it actually possible to make the function aware that it is
inside the TransposedMusic and if so, how would I do it?
> And if not, what would you suggest to do? Create my own tranposeChords
function?
> This'd have the advantage for me to get more involved with scheme but
my logical thinking wants to avoid it somehow.

You can't avoid it, since bb's and x's are not allowed in chord names.
Nothing logical about it. Regards, daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
http://www.openguitar.com/dynamic.html :::: You can play the cards