Re: default midi velocity

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: default midi velocity
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 10:43:10 +0200

On 2 Apr 2009, at 09:52, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

1. How can I change the default MIDI velocity from 127 to a more modest
value, without adding dynamic marks in the printable score ?

2. Shouldn't it be a good idea to lower midi-velocity values for
lilypond's MIDI output by default ? In other words: If no dynamics are
specified, shouldn't the default be mezzoforte ?

I think MIDI is underdeveloped in LilyPond, and part of the reason is that it is not a suitable audio format. The question pops up every now and then, see for example:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2009-03/msg00090.html

  Hans