Re: date in footer?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: date in footer?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 23:43:51 +0200

2009/4/22 Chip <address@hidden>:
> I found the part in the snippets for adding a /text block with the date in
> it, but can I add the date to the existing footer? So it shows the Lilypond
> info/website and also the date? Wouldn't a simple addition of some code to
> the .ly file that handles that footer do the trick? If so, what would said
> code be?

#(use-modules (srfi srfi-19))
today = #(date->string (current-date) "~B ~d, ~Y")

\header { tagline = \markup { \today } }
{ c' }

It issues a warning but seems to work. See

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-07/msg00438.html

and

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-10/msg00157.html

--