Re: date in footer?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: date in footer?
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:05:18 +0800

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 01:36:11PM -0600, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> On 4/25/09 1:31 PM, "Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps the point I was trying to make got lost in my slightly
> > facetious reply: if we're talking about LSR snippets which are in the
> > docs, the LSR editor must be mindful of the fact that editing such
> > examples in LSR may have no effect, since they can be shadowed by
> > revised snippets in input/lsr.

Ah, thanks.  I /did/ miss that point, and it's a good one.

> I thought makelsr.py got snippets from the lsr and copied them into
> input/lsr.  Is that wrong?

That's correct, but a file in input/new/ with the same name will
take precadence.  That's in case the syntax changes in a
non-convert-ly-able way; we dump the manually-updated snippet in
input/new/.

This is easily solved; the python script that copies from
input/new/ to input/lsr/ should add a "This snippet only works in
2.13"; that way, the LSR editor can easily see such snippets from
browsing the docs.

Cheers,
- Graham