Re: G_8 not complete in a small eps file

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: G_8 not complete in a small eps file
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:41:48 -0700

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 08:48:15PM +0200, Alexandros Droseltis wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:23 -0700, -Eluze wrote:
> > Alexandros Droseltis-3 wrote:
> > >
> > > [I am using GNU LilyPond 2.10.33 and I am a new user.]
> > >
> > > In the result, the 8 under the clef is cut. I could not find how I could
> > > solve this problem niftily. I would be grateful for any idea.
> > >

> > for me it looks ok with version 2.13.1 - maybe you should upgrade to a newer
> > version!?
>
> Thank you for the answer. I updated to 2.13.1 and I find out, that there
> is no option -b eps any more! Now I cannot create the small eps image at
> all. [Of course, the pdf and the ps file looks fine, they looked fine
> with the older version too; what happened to eps? :( ]

First, I recommend that you use 2.12, since 2.13 is the unstable
development version.  Note to other people who answer such emails:
let's not suggest that new users try the devel releases.

Second, please read the NEWS document for 2.12.  That will tell
you what you need to to other than -b eps.  You may also want to
look at AU 3.something (I think?)... it's the chapter about
lilypond-book.  At the end, it tells you how to produce eps for
use in other programs.

Cheers,
- Graham