Removing Piano Staff Temporarily Under Flute Part

From: craigbakalian
Subject: Removing Piano Staff Temporarily Under Flute Part
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 05:38:38 -0400

Hi,
        I am typesetting a Sonata for Flute and Piano.  There is a section in
the music where the flute part goes into a cadenza with no piano
accompaniment.  I want Lily to stop printing the empty piano part for 24
bars, and format the flute part on about a half a page, and then resume
the printing of piano staff there after.
        Am I clear?  I don't know what a typesetter would call this to even
look this up in the manual.  How about this-

fluteStaff =
{
% a lot of flute music for 224 bars
}

pianoTopStaff =
{
% a lot of piano music for 100 bars

R1 * 24  <- this needs to not be printed

% more piano music for 100 bars
}

pianoBottomStaff =
{
% a lot of piano music for 100 bars

R1 * 24  <- this needs to not be printed

% more piano music for 100 bars
}

Craig Bakalian
560 Keswick Drive