Re: eps, markup and adding hammer-on/pull-off to tablature

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: eps, markup and adding hammer-on/pull-off to tablature
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:41:47 +0200

Federico Bruni schrieb:
Hi all,

I'm trying to add hammer-on and pull-off to a tablature.
These are not supported by tablature.ly, so I was told to use an .eps file and \markup to get what I want.

Hi Federico,

as long as you need simple slurs to indicate hammer-on and pull-off,
you'll have to add

\revert TabVoice.Slur #'stencil

in the TabVoice you want the slurs to be displayed.

By the way: how should "real" hammer-ons and pull-offs look like in tablature? I have seen normal slurs, slurs with an H or a P above, just letters under the fret numbers (which are the worst possibility IMO) and letters between the corresponding fret numbers.
Anyone outside who knows the "standard way"?

Marc

I need your help to understand how to do it actually.
Please direct me to a place of the manual where this issue is discussed.
So far, I've seen this example but I don't know how to implement it:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-02/msg00208.html

I attach the .eps file, a simple example and the file tablature.ly (which is needed...for those who don't have and want to try..).

Could you give me some hint?
I don't know hot to go on..

Thanks in advance,

Federico