Re: eps, markup and adding hammer-on/pull-off to tablature

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: eps, markup and adding hammer-on/pull-off to tablature
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:02:06 +0200

Federico Bruni schrieb:
Marc Hohl wrote:
Federico Bruni schrieb:
Hi all,

I'm trying to add hammer-on and pull-off to a tablature.
These are not supported by tablature.ly, so I was told to use an .eps file and \markup to get what I want.

Hi Federico,

as long as you need simple slurs to indicate hammer-on and pull-off,
you'll have to add

\revert TabVoice.Slur #'stencil

in the TabVoice you want the slurs to be displayed.

Hi Marc,

thanks for your reply.

It could be a solution for now: I mean, the slurs displayed on tab are the same I have in the staff. So while the slope is normal in the staff, it looks weird in the tab. (looks attached file to see what I mean)

But this could be a first step..
.. as long as I manage to tie the slurs to the tab numbers (as you can see in the .pdf, they are too up).
The big distance is true to the fact that the stems in tablature are still there, but invisible. You can try to use \slurDown or \stemDown, or alternatively move the slurs by

\override Slur  #'control-points = #'( <pairs of coordinates> )

but since I didn't ever played around with control points, I can't help you with that.

Marc

Can I control the position of these slurs?