stretched note stem

From: Peter Buhr
Subject: stretched note stem
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 18:31:46 -0400

Below is a simple E major scale. I don't want lilypond to stretch the stems of
the lower notes up to the B staff line. I want all the note-stems to be the
same length for both stemUp and stemDown notes. Is there an option to turn off
the stem stretching?

\version "2.13.3"
\include "english.ly"
#(set-default-paper-size "letter")