Re: stretched note stem

From: Peter Buhr
Subject: Re: stretched note stem
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:39:27 -0400

   > I don't want lilypond to stretch the stems of the lower notes up to the B
   > staff line. ...

   I think it looks very odd to do this, but here you go:

   \override Stem #'no-stem-extend = ##t

Thanks, that's doing what I want. In general, I agree it looks very odd.
However, I'm decorating the scale with finger and string numbers and other
stuff for teaching purposes. The long stems move the extra information too far
from the note head, so the student has to look in two places rather than one to
see all the information. And it's just one line that break the rules. ;-)

It's always hard when you ask to do non-standard stuff, like put the Clef on
the right. But sometimes there is madness in the method. 8-)