Re: Lilypond Speed

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: Lilypond Speed
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:37:36 -0700

Frank wrote:
>Am Donnerstag, 3. September 2009 schrieb Tim Reeves:
>
>> Mainly for my own curiosity, I compiled the Reubke Sonata score to
check
>> timing:
>> WinXP SP3 32-bit, LP 2.13.3, LPT 2.12.869, on Intel C2D E9600 (2.8GHz),
2
>> GB RAM
>>
>> 5 min 38 seconds.
>>
>> A bit slower than the Linux times others got.

>W00t, I got only
>real    5m47.699s
>user    5m32.306s
>sys     0m11.697s
>on my linux system (C2D @ 2 GHz), but I'm still on 2.12.1, which gave me
some
>error messages, though the PDF was created. Perhaps 2.13 is a little
>faster(?)

Frank,

I forgot to mention that I also got quite a few warnings [not errors] on
2.13.3 - I think due to a missing font - but like you still got the output
file.
Did you also have 2GB of RAM? - I understand that the amount of physical
memory available makes a big difference in compile times on a large LP
file.
Perhaps if I ran Linux on my machine it would really scream, but I have to
have Windows XP for work. At least its not Vista!

Tim