Re: Lilypond Speed

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Lilypond Speed
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 22:52:13 +0200

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Frank Steinmetzger<address@hidden> wrote:
> W00t, I got only
> real    5m47.699s
> user    5m32.306s
> sys     0m11.697s
> on my linux system (C2D @ 2 GHz), but I'm still on 2.12.1, which gave me some
> error messages, though the PDF was created. Perhaps 2.13 is a little
> faster(?)

Actually, I stumbled upon something very odd: though I haven't the
exact numbers, with 2.12 my opera used to compile in ~40 minutes on
Win32, ~25 minutes on Linux64 -- but now that I have upgraded to the
latest git sources (that include Joe's recent work on vertical
spacing), it takes more than... 90 minutes!!!
(the PDF looks nicer though).

I'll investigate this problem a bit more, as I can hardly believe it myself.

Regards,
Valentin