Re: Feature Request: ^\times and _\times

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Feature Request: ^\times and _\times
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:07:46 +0100

2009/9/8 Jonathan Wilkes <address@hidden>:
> I didn't see a place for feature requests on the documentation page, so
> I thought I'd post it here.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what you're after, though I'd guess you want a
shorthand method of specifying tuplet bracket/number directions in
advance of the music itself.  You can't do this using the direction
tokens since they're exclusively tied to an event which precedes them
(i.e., a note).

> Also ^[ and _[ which I think I mentioned in another email.

This is possible, though (in fact I knocked up a patch a few months
ago which implements it; if you like, I'll dust it off and invite
comments for review).

Regards,
Neil