Chords

From: David Stocker
Subject: Chords
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:41:30 -0400

I have some questions/concerns about display of chords in LilyPond:
  • Is there a way to make LilyPond center the entire chord symbol (root and suffix) on its rhythmic axis? Right now, LilyPond is only centering the root on the rhythmic axis, with the suffix extending on the right.
  • Does someone on the list have a set of "modern" custom chord definitions? I'd like to make one myself for work I do in the Hal Leonard style. If someone has something similar already, I can use it as a starting point and share it with the community as I expand it, if other may find it useful.
Thanks,

David
--
David Stocker