Re: Help needed - missing .pdf file after running lilypond sucessfully.

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Help needed - missing .pdf file after running lilypond sucessfully.
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 07:07:32 -0600

On 9/26/10 6:49 AM, "MING TSANG" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ian,
>
> Thank you. I follow your prescribed steps and my problem is resolved. Thank
> you. My problem starts when I install multiple versions: v2.13.32 in default
> and 2.6.5 & 2.12.3 in its own folders.  v2.6.5 is the last install I did. Now
> my computer is clean up. I have only v2.13.33.  I went to lilypond.org and I
> didn't see v2.13.34 as you suggested to use.

As of right now, the following website:

<http://lilypond.org/web/install/#2.13>

list 2.13.34-1 as the current development release.

> Lilypond users:  I want to use mup2ly.py, but it is in v2.6.5 How can I use it
> with v2.13.33 and up. I don't want go through the problem of installing multi
> versions of lilypond. Is it possible to include mup2ly.pf with v2.13.33 and
> up?
>
> More questions / help require:
> (1). How can I increase the fontsize of the numbers in easyHeadOn with
> numbers.  The following .ly produce number too small when in print (hardcopy).
> I have been trying very hard but in vain.

Please generate a small snippet that shows what you have tried.  I have sent
you  a snippet that increases the font size in easy heads.   I have tested
it and it works.  I'll be happy to help you work through these issues, but
we should do it on a small snippet, instead of a big file.

> (2). It seems that I lost tagline on my last page. What happened?
> (3). Apprceiate snippet for generating midi file for voice part - ie soprano,
> alto, tenor bass. My intention is to provide voice part for choir member to
> practice.

I think that you can create separate scores with midi blocks for the
individual parts.

\version 2.13
soprano = \relative c'' {
  c d e
}

alto  = \relative c'' {
  a b c
}

\score {
  \new Staff {
    <<
      \soprano
      \alto

  }
  \layout {}
}

\score {
  \soprano
  \midi{}
}

\score {
  \alto
  \midi{}
}

> (4). Is it possible to print title on every page?

Search the user archives for "header on every page".

HTH,

Carl

P.S. Please don't top post on lilypond lists.  It's against our list
etiquette.