Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves

From: Vicente Solsona
Subject: Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 00:51:36 +0100

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 05:07:34 +0100, Colin Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
> wrote:

please remember to forward to the list.
also please review your examples before posting. your example contains
syntax errors.

there's no E flat in your example. the only common note between voices 2
and 4 is an F (if I've interpreted your example correctly). Here's how I
would "mix" that F (result attached):

I believe the OP was using english.ly for note names, so the common note
is in fact an E-flat, spelt ef rather than es in the default nederlands
note names.

regards,
Colin

heck you're right. there's a thing called english which happens to be a language which happens to be supported by lilypond (and probably even there's someone out there who happens to speak it)

:-S

the original example posted by Ken is strictly incorrect and still contains syntax errors though, but never mind. sorry for my confusion. I'm used to the default note names in dutch and my "internal" parser warns me when it reads "strange" constructs like {bf} or {ef,16}
:)

here's my suggestion then:

------------------------------------8<---------------------------------

\version "2.12.3"

\include "english.ly"

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff = "up" <<
    \clef treble
    \key a \minor
    \time 3/8

    \new Voice {\voiceOne \relative c'' { g16 a bf f' bf, c } }
    \new Voice {
        \voiceTwo \relative c'
        {
                \change Staff = down \stemUp ef,16 f  g a g a

  \new Staff = "down" {
    \clef bass
    \key a \minor
    \time 3/8