Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves

From: Ken
Subject: Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 09:33:23 -0500

Thanks!   I had given up since my permutations did not work the first time, but since you so succintly repeated it, I thought I might have missed something so I went back and tried it again.

Yes, \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn works as you've described.  The trick is you do need the \change Staff and a \stemUp or Down depending.  The note heads don't merge on different staves.  Obviously...