Re:vim

From: michael webster
Subject: Re:vim
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 07:58:07 -0800

in recent comments folks have discouraged vim - I have learned vim (MacVim) specifically for Lilypond use and have found it terrific.

I have mapped commands to send to lilypond and view pdf or open midi output in Quicktime player.

The syntax coloring is a pain to install but works. vims capabilities (eg finding other instances of text the cursor is on, folding, navigation) and plugins (snippets, alignment) are super useful in a Lilypond context.

So I just wanted to encourage anyone who is serious about longer projects to consider vim - like Lilypond it has a steep learning curve but you can be very productive once you have it going.