Re: ways of using Lilypond?

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: ways of using Lilypond?
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 13:16:28 +0100

An important but unasked question is for what do you need notation?

If it is "just" transcribing from paper the task is not that critical.
You need to get "in" information you already know. But if you compose
or arrange and you are not a conservative person who was taught to
repeat the sentence "real composers use pen and paper" over and over
again you want to have more control over your music.

I think that lilypond is not suited for composing in its syntax. Its an
engraver with the purpose to create notation sheets. How the
information was generated does not matter.

So you need an additional tool to write and modify your notes in a
more musical way. And thats Denemo.

Nils