Re: Completely separating notation from output logic

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Completely separating notation from output logic
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 02:44:27 +0000

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 05:41:48PM -0500, Michael Ellis wrote:
> Thanks, Carl.  I probably should have included some background
> information.  If I had only one piece of music to worry about, I'd do
> it exactly as you suggest.  Problem is I've got 404 Bach Chorales on
> the Solfege Resources site and expect to eventually have hundreds or
> even thousands more from other composers whose work is public domain.

This has been solved a few times.  Look in the mailing list
archives, and/or look at Reinhold's orchestralily, etc.

Personally, I'd just reinvent the wheel and generate score files
with python, using some naming scheme for directories and files.
But I'd do so knowing that this solution was stupidly reinventing
the wheel.

Cheers,
- Graham