Re: Pentatonic Diatonic Transposition?

From: Daniel
Subject: Re: Pentatonic Diatonic Transposition?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:41:46 +0000 (UTC)

Marc Hohl <marc <at> hohlart.de> writes:

> Am 21.01.2011 03:05, schrieb Daniel:
> > Hello,
> >
> This issue came up in 2008 and John Mandereau wrote some functions
> which IMHO do exactly what you need, please look at
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-12/msg00805.html
>
> HTH,
>
> Marc

Unfortunately....
>From his documentation below, This only works with 7 note scales and wont work
with Pentatonic scales. Also, even with a 7 note scale....I can't get this to
work as expected after trying several different things. The "mode transpose"
always seems to add sharps or flats even when the original snippet has none.

"All these functions except degree-transpose are currently limited to
scales and modes of length 7; using scales with different length
requires a pitch representation that separates notions of degree and
note name, that is, it requires scales definitions different from those
currently in ly/scale-definitions-init.ly and more complex functions for
converting between LilyPond pitch representation and "modal" pitch
representation."

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the info!

Daniel