Bug in LilyPondTool PDF preview after openjdk-6-jre update (Ubuntu)

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Bug in LilyPondTool PDF preview after openjdk-6-jre update (Ubuntu)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:11:03 +0100

Hi Bertalan,

A bug involving LilyPondTool has been reported on the LilyPond French
Users mailing list.

Some stems do not show up in the PDF preview within jEdit/LilyPondTool.
This bug has been observed by (at least) three different users.
This affects LilyPonTool version 2.12.894 and 2.12.932.  The bug
appeared after a software update (using apt/Synaptic) and apparently is
due to the new version of openjdk-6-jre in Ubuntu.

The three users are using Ubuntu 10.10 or Kubuntu 10.4.
Replacing openjdk-6-jre by sun-java6-jre seems to solve the problem.

I do not know if this bug is really due to LilyPondTool (or only to
OpenJDK, or to Ubuntu packagers), but I report anyway.

Also cc: to lilypond-user, in case other Ubuntu users experience this
bug.

Cheers,
Xavier

--