system-system-spacing in lilypond-book-file

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: system-system-spacing in lilypond-book-file
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:44:17 +0200

Dear community,
I tried to change the system-system-spacing in a latex-file. Although I was able to increase the system-system-spacing by
embedding the score in a book-context, the output isn't convincing.
What else could I do?

%%%%% EXAMPLE %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\title{Test }
\author{Stefan}
\date{ }

\begin{document}
\maketitle
How can I increase the distance between the following systems? \\
\begin{lilypond}
 \version "2.14.1."
\paper{system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #18 }
music = \relative {c4 d e f g1 \break c,4 d e f g1 }
\score {
\new Staff { \music }
}
\end{lilypond} \\
Unfortunately, the paper-block has no effect. Let's try with:\\
\begin{lilypond}
 \version "2.14.1."
\paper{system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #18 }
music = \relative {c4 d e f g1 \break c,4 d e f g1 }
\book {
\score {
\new Staff { \music }
} }
\end{lilypond} \\
Well, the distance between the systems has become more, but why the music starts on the next page and why are they ragged?
\end{document}