Re: lyrics - vertical position

From: luis jure
Subject: Re: lyrics - vertical position
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 16:50:27 -0300

on 2012-04-05 at 16:36 address@hidden wrote:

>There's always extra-offset, but it's kludgy.  Could you send an image of
>the line you're talking about?  It may be a bug if the markups force the
>lyrics down too low.

hi mike, i sent a tiny image in my previous mail, here's attached the
whole fragment. the problematic line is the first one. please note that
the lyrics are much more separated from the staff than in the other two
lines. this is caused by the markups on the a16 at the end of the line
(lyrics "time").

note also that doing away with the markups the lyrics regain its proper
distance (2nd image).

the code of the markups is the following:

\shapeSlur  #'(0 0  -.3 -1.2  .9 -1.5  0.5 -0.3)
\once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 5)
a16
-\markup {
        \postscript #"0.2 setlinewidth
        1       setlinecap
        1.8 -9  moveto
        3 -9.7          lineto
        4.2 -9          lineto
        stroke" }
-\markup {
        \override #'(font-name . "Emmentaler")
        \fontsize #1
        \halign #-12
        \char ##xe11a }

thanks for your attention,

lj

(BTW, i wouldn't mind some "kludgy" code if i could get a quick and dirty
solution to this particular problem soon...)