Re: version 2.16

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: version 2.16
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:53:41 -0400

Hi Martin,

It's better that you don't cross-post your message to several mailing
lists.  Cross-posts are used for important announcements.  By
cross-posting, you discourage others from replying, as they have
to cross-post too or to make a choice which mailing list is more
suitable for the discussion.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:38:08 +0200 (CEST)
Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> wrote:

> If I have a newer \version in my lilypond score than the LilyPond I
> am using I am getting a "Fatal Error" message, but my score compiles
> just fine, giving a perfect PDF or MIDI.
>
> I would expect a "Warning", not a "Fatal error" message ?
>
> Using lilypond-2.15.95
>
> In my testfile using:
>
> \version "2.16.0"

If Lilypond notices a file that requires a newer version of the
program, it's impossible for Lilypond to know what it would do wrong.
Maybe the score would compile but produce subtly wrong output.

If you have time and desire to check the PDF and the MIDI output, it
should not be a big deal for you to change the version number in the
plain text file.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin