Re: Unwanted notation appearing on TabStaff after glissando

From: Nathan
Subject: Re: Unwanted notation appearing on TabStaff after glissando
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:28:14 -0700

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Ben Eichler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I have a song I'm tabbing out using a normal staff and a TabStaff which has
> a glissando appearing in it. The glissando looks great, but on the TabStaff
> every note after it has some sort of weird dot or line over the top of it.
> This is what my code for the glissando currently looks like:
>
> \hideNotes \grace { dis32\5\glissando } \unHideNotes fis16\5 ...
>
> My StaffGroup is very simple:
>
> \new StaffGroup <<
> \new Staff {
> \clef "G_8"
> \symbols
> }
> \new TabStaff {
> \clef "moderntab"
> \symbols
> }
>>>

> I couldn't work out the name of the dots and lines, so I didn't know what to
> search for. Can somebody help me fix this?
>

> -Ben

I have worked very little with tablature, but it looks like \hideNotes
and \unHideNotes are causing the problem. The weirdness goes away if I
remove them. Fixing the problem is just a matter of removing these
commands from the tablature staff without removing them from the
normal one.

Tags are probably the most efficient way to do this.

%%%

symbols = {
  % ...
  \tag #'normal \hideNotes \grace { dis32\5\glissando } \tag #'normal
\unHideNotes fis16\5
  % ...
}

\new StaffGroup <<