subito dynamic after hairpin

From: Curt Siffert
Subject: subito dynamic after hairpin
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:41:15 -0700

Hi, I am trying to make a decrescendo end in a subito dynamic for the next note.  Not sure how to make it align.  I found lots of examples online on how to shift over subito mf, but in my case they make the decrescendo too small.  I'm not actually sure I'm going for the right solution here because I'm not 100% sure what would be the best way to notate this.  Any suggestions?  Three tries appended below.

Thanks :)
Curt

\relative c'' {
\time 3/4
d2.\mf\> |
a2-\markup{ \italic \tiny subito } d8\!\mf( e) |

R2.

d2.\mf\> |
a2 d8\!-\markup{ \italic \tiny subito } \mf( e) |

R2.

\textLengthOn
d2.\mf\> |
a2 d8\!-\markup{ \italic \tiny subito \dynamic mf}( e) |