Re: Lyrics help

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Lyrics help
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 08:48:26 +0100

Arle Lommel wrote Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:40 AM

> I'm transcribing some songs I collected in the field and I need to
> have a volta repeat in the music where the lyrics for two verses
> are listed under the repeated section and then for the rest of the
> song has a single line. I've figured out ways to attach two lines
> to the entire song (and obviously ways to attach one line to the
> entire song), but not a way to have two lines for just part of the song.

The way to do this is not trivially obvious.  You'll find some
clues in

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics#lyrics-and-repeats

Read the whole section.

(If this doesn't help, please post again.)

Trevor