page layout

From: michael.strebl
Subject: page layout
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 11:18:56 +0200

Hi all,

Im quite new to lilypond and currently workng on some madrigals ( choir with 6 voices ) from the 16th century. The barlines are set between staves only.

The output of lilypond is really beautiful. But the page layout could have some more tweaking.

There are 6 staves per system and 2 systems per page

The first page is really perfect. Title and subtitle and the 2 systems are using the available space of the page properly.

On the other pages the systems are positioned a little bit too high, so there is too much space at the bottom of the page.

I didnt find anything straight forward in the docs .

Im using a paper variable system-system-spacing = #'((basic-distance . 0.1) (padding . 10))

And that’s it.

May I have some consultancy from the experts on that? ;-)

Many thanks in advance

Michael