Re: how to know the current page number from inside a regular markup(not

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: how to know the current page number from inside a regular markup(not score/book header)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:45:19 +0200

Op Mon, 10 Sep 2012 08:41:36 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> schreef:

> > Is there any possibility for a regular (toplevel) \markup { } to
> > know the page it is drawn on? (Or, at least, whether it is a right
> > or left page?)
>
> I don't think so.  The reason is explained at the bottom of section
> 3.2.4 in the Notation Reference.  It says there that at the time
> markups are interpreted page breaking has not yet occurred, so the
> page numbers are not yet known.

Thanks for the concise answer.

Then it would be nice if a delayed-evaluating stencil expression could
be used (in a fixed vertical space of course) that decides the hymn
number position only when the stencil is rendered. But is then the page
number information accessible? (I guess not....)

I now manually set a variable to determine the song title layout.

Wilbert

--
Wilbert Berendsen
(http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl)