Re: LilyPondTool 2.14.9 release (the last for the foreseeable future)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: LilyPondTool 2.14.9 release (the last for the foreseeable future)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:56:32 +0200

On 24 sept. 2012, at 14:49, Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear LilyPond users,

after a month of struggling with an official jEdit plugin repository release, I decided to release the last revision of the LilyPondTool plugin as a zip file.

Download it here, and unzip to the jEdit settings folder ($HOME/.jedit or C:\Users\John Doe\.jedit etc. depending on your platform).

And this release concludes the development of LilyPondTool - at least by me... I stopped using LilyPond and it makes no sense for me to develop LilyPondTool any more, as I don't have any projects that need LilyPond.

I've switched to MuseScore, and I am very happy with that. If you are interested in my adventures there and my reasons to leave LilyPond, follow my Musescore.com page and/or my blog.

If you would like to take over the development of LilyPondTool, I am happy to give you the support you need, just contact me.

I had a very good time in the LilyPond community, I hereby thank all the support for all my supporters, the users of LilyPondTool and everyone else.

Bertalan

Dear Bertalan,

I have often used LilyPondTool to edit my scores and several of my students have used it to complete large projects - it is what made LilyPond within reach for them, as they came to it with no experience in markup languages or programming.

We'll be sad to see you go, and thank you for having an impact in my students' and my LilyPond adventure!

~Mike