Re: "Parallel music view" - inspiration for LilyPond editors.

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: "Parallel music view" - inspiration for LilyPond editors.
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:51:03 +0200

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Nils Gey <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have to see if Frescobaldi has an internal representation of durations
> and time signatures/bar length, but I guess not. This way the conversion
> from parallel back to sequential is a bit tricky since you need to keep track
> of the current time signature.

We could require the user to use bar checks - not an optimal solution,
but i could live with that.

> I try to do it as as a standalone Python function so Fresobaldi and other
> editors can use it. No promises..

That would be cool!  As i've said, if it will get integrated with
Frescobaldi, i give you 50 bucks :)

Oh, and another idea: maybe articulations ad other stuff could be
stacked over and under the notes?  For example turn this:

{ a4^4_|_( b^1_| c_. d^2_. e_-_) f g^4 a^\markup e a g f }

into this:

  ^4 ^1    ^2       ^4 ^\markup
{ a4 b  c  d  e  f  g  a  e  a  g  f  }
  _| _| _. _. _-

or maybe this:

  4  1     2        4  \markup
{ a4 b  c  d  e  f  g  a  e  a  g  f  }

...not sure about the things that have neutral direction, though.
Maybe they should just stay in line?

cheers,
Janek