Re: Hushing up Sibelius news?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Hushing up Sibelius news?
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 18:51:31 +0100

On 2 mars 2013, at 18:27, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 03/02/2013 06:22 PM, Urs Liska wrote:
>> OTH we might take this as an opportunity to do something else as a showcase
>> project.
>> I wouldn't suggest Goldberg Variations but rather something complex from the
>> end
>> of the 19th century (i.e. just out of copyright). Maybe something for string
>> quartet too or another ensemble instrumentation (to be able to break it down
>> in
>> a number of more manageable tasks)?
>
> Alban Berg 4 Pieces for Clarinet and Piano.  Out of copyright in the US
> (pre-1922 publication) and Europe (more than 70 years since composer's death).

This is a great idea.  What'd I'd recommend is doing a "natural" version and a
version with lots of tweaks.  If you define all the tweaks in a separate file,
then all you need to do is sub that file with one that has empty definitions.
This will help developers know how far LilyPond is from automating certain
decisions.

Cheers,
MS