Re: Hushing up Sibelius news?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Hushing up Sibelius news?
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:27:27 +0100

Am 04.03.2013 15:16, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 6:51 PM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
This is a great idea.  What'd I'd recommend is doing a "natural" version and a
version with lots of tweaks.
If you define all the tweaks in a separate file, then all you need to do is sub
that file with one that has empty definitions.
This will help developers know how far LilyPond is from automating certain
decisions.
That's not a bad idea (saving tweaks separately), but what about
fousing on clearly separating commits that introduce tweaks?  I.e.
enter all music first (to avoid conflicts later on), and then add
corrections; by filtering out particular commits it would be easy to
get a view of the piece at various stages of "beautification". For
example, take a look at
https://github.com/janek-warchol/eja-mater-demonstration .
Sorry for not answering your first post about this. The archive with the repo actually was part of the message and I downloaded it. It is a beautiful example of a Git history and can surely be used for demonstration purposes. Unfortunately I didn't have the time so far as to investigate it in terms of LilyPond's job (as you asked in your other email of today).

Best
Urs

best,
Janek