Re: Dealing with almost-repetitive stuff

From: Evan Driscoll
Subject: Re: Dealing with almost-repetitive stuff
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 12:00:11 -0600

On 03/02/2013 03:05 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
This is _not_ another voice.  It is simultaneous music in the _same_
voice.  Where is the difference?  Things not just end up in the same
column, but actually share the same stems, are _composed_ rather than
just aggregated (both in Midi as well as visually).

OK, thanks for the clarification. I'm still relatively new at Lilypond so I'm still trying to sort out the terms it uses for various things and their correspondence to the notation, especially as I'm one of those jerks who skims a couple pages of the docs and then just Googles "lilypond harmonic" when I want to know how to do something and emails the list when that fails. :-)

\motif is not a voice, it is a music variable.
In my defense, I *wasn't* confused by that part, just a bit sloppy with what I said. :-) By "\motif voice" I really meant "the voice that plays the notes in \motif", but as you point out above and below, that's wrong for other reasons.

Thanks for the comments.

Evan