Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 12:32:45 +0100

Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/3/8 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>:
>> David Kastrup writes:
>>
>>> Issue 3229: Patch: Make \relative { ... } interpret the first pitch as
>>> an absolute one
>>
>> +1
>
> +1 , I was currently using \relative f { }  anyway, so this would
> allow removing the f, leaving the {...} intact, which for me would
> imply a smooth transition to the new behavior.

Issue 3229 comes with convert-ly rules that should give everybody a
smooth transition.  Indeed, if you are not planning on updating your
version number manually (and thus keeping convert-ly from trying its
hand), you better _not_ make the transition yourself, or you'll get

\relative f { e }  % original by Francisco
\relative { e }    % conversion by Francisco
\relative c' { e } % first conversion step by convert-ly
\relative { e' }   % second conversion step by convert-ly

> But given my well-known problem with \transposition, I am not really
> sure :-)

What was that again?

--
David Kastrup