Re: Newbie problems

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Newbie problems
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 00:57:18 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Scharkowski <t.scharkowski <at> t-online.de> writes:

> ">>" (without quotes) is missing at the end of your code.

It's more likely that your mail reader interpreted ">>" as a quoted
line and didn't show it to you. The final ">>" came through just fine
for me.

> Also, I recommend using R1 instead of r1.

Yes -- for Peter's benefit: R1 will display the rest symbol centered
between the barlines. "r1" aligns the rest symbol with the first "note
column" in the measure.

Peter: FWIW, I could not reproduce the problem with lilypond exiting
early based on that input file. On my Linux machine, it does produce
the PDF (though I did have to change the \version statement to match
my installed version):

~~
Starting lilypond 2.16.1 [Untitled]...
Processing `/tmp/frescobaldi-4E1iGF/tmpDMpz69/document.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...[8]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `document.ps'...
Converting to `./document.pdf'...
Success: compilation successfully completed
Completed successfully in 1.2".
~~

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the problem *is* but at least my
result seems to confirm that there is nothing wrong with the input
file.

hjh