creating a rhythm click track

From: Paul Malcolm
Subject: creating a rhythm click track
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:36:15 +1000

I am trying to create a rhythm "click track", or said another way, add a clicking metronome
to the music and then generate a midi so i hear the melody and a click.

The only way I can see how to do this is to write an ensemble of two lines, one is the music the other
is some sort of percussion.
i have attached an example. This is just a melody and a drum on the quaver click.
This doesn't seem to work. The drum clicks then goes very quiet.
Id like the drum click to be audible.
Or maybe there is a much simpler better way to do this ?

Paul