Re: Newbie problems

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Newbie problems
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 05:55:10 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

> > FWIW, I started out by using emacs to edit my Lilypond files, but
> > found problems. Auto-indentation was hit or miss, and the
> > auto-completion dictionary has some major gaps.
>
> Uh, it is generated from LilyPond's own source files, so you should
> probably install a version from your LilyPond source tree and/or
> distribution.

OK, not sure how my installation was missing so much, then.

Frescobaldi's user experience is so much better (for me) at least that, as
much as I like emacs, it's not worth losing Frescobaldi's better features.

> At any rate, I already stated that the real value Emacs provides is the
> ecosystem coming with it.  LilyPond-mode alone is no game-changer.

One reason is sufficient for me to keep using emacs: org-mode. That one *is*
a game changer :)

hjh