Re: Request for feedback on 'lobbying' paper

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Request for feedback on 'lobbying' paper
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 15:59:57 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 23.04.2013, 13:45 +0200 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Selling LilyPond with vaporware MusicXML makes only sense if we want
> hook people on LilyPond with the promise that they can take their
> scores
> into other products eventually.
Yes, of course.

> And that promise only makes sense if
> managing the scores with LilyPond is advantageous over managing the
> scores with whatever is supposed to read its MusicXML in the end.
That's what I'm absolutely convinced about by now.
I can't imagine anything that beats a workflow with LilyPond, LaTeX and
Git to produce a book of sheet music.
Maybe it's different for other applications, but for preparing editions
this is really awesome.
Urs

> Because otherwise they could just use what is supposed to handle the
> final typesetting anyway.
Of course, but that's not the case.