Re: change of plans for this final project

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: change of plans for this final project
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:13:33 +0200

Daniel Rosen <address@hidden> writes:

>> Have you actually bothered to look at the manual page I linked to?
>> It is explained thoroughly and with examples.
>>
> I have, but the entire concept of instrument transposition is sort of
> confusing to me in the first place, as a singer and pianist.

So something like "Sing this a whole note lower than written" would be
impossible for you?  You have absolute pitch?

You prefer a score written in ces major over one in c major if you are
supposed to sing a semitone lower?

If something is sung in historical tuning you have to pass because you
could not shift pitch accordingly?

Color me surprised that a singer would be unable to even fathom what
singing at a pitch different than written would be like.

--
David Kastrup