Re: SMuFL

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: SMuFL
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 19:02:42 +1000

Greetings List,

On 10/08/13 6:57 PM, Urs Liska wrote:
Of course this is all quite complex and difficult.
Which is why this discussion thread is important, I reckon.
One thought:
Of course you can buy commercial fonts and use them with LaTeX.
I use commercial fonts with the open source ConTeXT program.
But the free TeX distros won't for example packages that are "macros supporting non-free fonts".
Can you explain that more?

Although I personally would like to have the option to use proprietary fonts with LilyPond.
Not proprietary, but SMuFL fonts, commercially packaged! :-) Emmentaler is, in effect, proprietary, although free.

Andrew