Re: Lyric-Staff-spacing fails with smaller lyrics

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Lyric-Staff-spacing fails with smaller lyrics
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 03:05:53 -0700 (PDT)

Paul Morris wrote

> Eluze wrote
>> I don't think LP fails, it's just that the vertical spacing isn't
>> corrected with the \staffSize macro (which btw can be simplified to
>>
>> staffSize = #(define-music-function (parser location new-size) (number?)
>>   #{
>>     \set fontSize = #new-size
>>     \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep new-size)
>>     \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #(magstep new-size)
>>   #})
>>
>> and then it can be used in any context owning a font size engraver)
> Nice simplification and generalization!  I've updated the following
> "staffSize" snippet with this revised version of the code.  (Let me know
> if this is not a good idea for some reason.)
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=862

thanks, Paul for publishing it in the LSR.

the fly in the ointment is that in the LSR you can search for the word
"staffsize" but no results are found.
and if you find it yourself (with the number or by scrolling) there is no
picture in it.

suggestion:

can dak's solution for contexts which have no font-size-engraver (see
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/font-size-for-instrument-names-in-a-PianoStaff-td151335.html#a151336)

\consists "Font_size_engraver"
and
\override InstrumentName.font-size = #-5

be added!?

thanks,
Eluze