Re: On creating "title pages" and the like

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: On creating "title pages" and the like
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 16:44:12 +0100

Joshua Nichols <address@hidden> writes:

> Somewhat related: How in the world do I invoke lilypond or
> lilypond-book in LaTeX, or TexWorks?

I don't know TexWorks, and one does not invoke lilypond or lilypond-book
in LaTeX.  lilypond-book converts a .lytex files into images and a
normal LaTeX .tex file which can be compiled using LaTeX as usual.

> I hate to sound idiotic, but I don't see *anything* talking about how
> to use lilypond-book in TeX systems anywhere. The documentation in
> lilypond.orgonly describes how to use it, but I don't see a full
> example with inclusions on how to get any TeX system to recognize
> lilypond, or lilypond-book.

TeX systems are not required or intended to recognize either lilypond or
lilypond-book.

> I'm a bit frustrated about this; I spent hours looking this up. HELP?
> What am I missing?!? I hope this is an idiotic claim; I hope someone
> can be patient with me about this.

You did look in
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/usage/lilypond_002dbook>
?

What particularly was your problem in applying this to your case?

--
David Kastrup