Re: On creating "title pages" and the like

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: On creating "title pages" and the like
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 06:49:09 +0100

Joshua Nichols <address@hidden> writes:

>>JoshTeX systems are not required or intended to recognize either lilypond
> or
>>lilypond-book.
>
> I understood this. But from what I can see in the documentation, my problem
> isn't addressed in the lilypond documentation
>
>>What particularly was your problem in applying this to your case?
>
> I don't know how to get my latex system to recognize the following:
>
> \begin{lilypond}
> \relative c' {
>   c2 e2 \tuplet 3/2 { f8 a b } a2 e4
> }
> \end{lilypond}

LaTeX does not recognize this.  Period.  Simple as that.  The program
that recognizes this is lilypond-book, and lilypond-book then writes a
LaTeX program that LaTeX will be able to work with.

> Probably because I don't have some package.

No.  LaTeX does not recognize this.  There is no package for making it
do that.

> The problem is that I don't see a package described anywhere... and
> everytime I just "try" using \begin{lilypond}\end{lilypond} or
> \lilypond {...}. When I try using \usepackage{lilypond}, and process
> through LaTeX, I get wierd looks from my process log....
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Environment lilypond undefined.

LaTeX does not recognize this.  On nobody's system.  Anywhere.  There is
no way to make it recognize it.  You use lilypond-book to convert the
file into one that LaTeX can recognize.

I don't know how I can spell this out more clearly.

--
David Kastrup