Re: modular "markup" and arguments

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: modular "markup" and arguments
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:41:22 +0100

Am 07.11.2013 11:19, schrieb Bric:
Development is moving insanely fast here. I just compiled 2.17.29, and there's already 2.17.95

That's simply because 2.17.95 is regarded as a beta for the upcoming 2.18 release, and they are counting towards 100 ...

I guess I need to build the latest frescobaldi, locally(?), so it's in step with the latest lilypond?

No. Frescobaldi just _uses_ LilyPond.
If you have set up to run LilyPond simply by 'lilypond' you can just use Frescobaldi to compile your score. But you can also set up Frescobaldi to use different versions of LilyPond (in the Preferences Dialog).

Using the latest Frescobaldi from its Git source is generally not a bad idea (if you know that you are using a development version. OTOH _if_ you are using it from Git you can always checkout the latest stable version).

HTH
Urs