Re: Lyrics not starting on 1st bar of music

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: Lyrics not starting on 1st bar of music
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 20:07:45 -0600

On 11/16/2013 07:50 PM, ayutheos wrote:
> I have a song consisting of a single staff which has the following
> structure:
>
> (1) Intro | (2) Part one | (3) Music only | (4) Part two
>
> How do I add lyrics to Parts One and Two only? Section (3) is a
> short 4 bars of music.
>
> I've gone through the help documentations, but didn't find anything
> to make the lyrics *not* start on the first bar, or having a break in
> the middle of the music.

Voices.

Parts one and two should be (or include) an explicitly labeled voice.

The lyrics are then lyrics to that voice, and will synchronize with the
notes in that voice, ignoring any music that isn’t in that voice.

HTH,
Chris
“Peace has other governments that don’t go through the will of
 politicians.” — Mia Couto, “Rain, the Dreamsend” (tr. Austen Hyde)
GnuPG fingerprint: DB08 CF6C 2583 7F55 3BE9  A210 4A51 DBAC 5C5C 3D5E